Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Ange and Damien's Wedding


Ange and Damien arrive at the ceremony together, hand in hand.

The morning of Ange and Damien's wedding the clouds threatened to rain down on their celebration, but after the sunrise, the clouds cleared and the rain from the last few days stopped. I pulled over to the side of the road as I drove to where the bride was getting ready and captured the sunrise on this glorious day.

Ange got ready at her mum's house and many of her friends, cousins, aunties, mum and her son spent the morning getting ready together, laughing and sharing in the excitement that Ange and Damien, two people so suited, were going to begin their married life together this day.

Ange and Damien arrived together at the church, this simple act defying tradition speaks volumes of their commitment to each other and the true and simple love they share. I loved walking with them down the road toward the ceremony, stopping for a moment or two to just appreciate each other and the joy of the events to unfold.
One of my vey favourites from the ceremony - beautiful boys!
What a kiss!


                                     

One child's "mess-up" another photographer's treasure. Love.



Because we'd been a bit late starting the ceremony, we only had a limited time for family and couple photos - the list of family photos to be captured kept growing and we only ended up with about fifteen minutes for photos of Ange and Damien. This didn't end up mattering a bit, because of the natural ease with which they interact and the love they share. 








On the way to the reception I pulled over to enjoy the sea air and the magnificent day we'd been blessed with.




And we laughed and cried during speeches, chatted, ate and basked in the glow of a match perfectly made and a family's love.

 

 










                                         




I have never had so much fun at a wedding, bar my own, and as my first wedding as a photographer, I think I've found something I love. Thank you to Ange and Damien for allowing me to be such a special part of this magnificent day.


1 comment:

  1. Jen! My mother in law just spotted this gorgeous blog!! Again, it was both a privilege and an honour to have you as our wedding photographer. We love you!!!! Ange & Damien xxx

    ReplyDelete